The current layout dates back to the last period of life of the city, when the dwelling took up the area closest to the walls for the large garden to be set on two levels. This is without doubt the most important part of the house: a summer triclinium overlooks the lower garden adorned with a spectacular marble fountain with a ladder for a small waterfall. There is also a room at its side whose outer walls are embellished with a limestone coating to look like a cave and three mythological mosaics made of shells and coloured glass paste.
Only the painting of Ulysses is preserved on site, in which Achilles is recognised although disguised and hidden between the daughters of the king of Skyros. The other two, paintings depicting the Three Graces and Achilles against Agamemnon, are kept at the National Archaeological Museum of Naples. Scenes related to the myth of Apollo give name to the house, which perhaps belonged to Aulus Here(n)uleius Communis as is evidenced by a seal ring found in 1830.
Date of excavation: 1830-1839; 2004.