On the sides of the temple of Jupiter , in the northern part of the Forum, there were two old honorary arches made of bricks and covered with marble.
On the east side only traces of the foundations remain, which was probably dedicated to the Emperor Caligula (37-41 AD) and was demolished after his death. The arch on the west was instead dedicated to
Drusus, son of Emperor Tiberius; a relief of the lararium of the house of Cecilio Giocondo shows it collapsing during the earthquake of 62 AD, after which it was rebuilt and redecorated. The exit of the east portico of the Forum on the north side is dominated by another honorary double arch fornix, originally covered with marble; the top houses a large tank intended to supply the fountain on the external façade and was decorated with statues of the emperors of the Julio-Claudian dynasty. It was probably dedicated to Germanicus and replaced the one dedicated to Caligula.
An arch was built in the era of Tiberius (14-37 AD) near the temple of Fortuna Augusta halfway along via di Mercurio.
The arch closed the sequence of buildings intended for the imperial cult.
Date of excavation: 1816.