The grand complex of houses of Marcus Fabius Rufus and the Golden Bracelet covers at least four levels of living space with panoramic terraces that slope scenically towards the sea. The terraces are built on top of the walls of the city but in pre-Roman times the houses were situated on the sides of one of the city gates, Porta Occidentalis, which was the intersection of via di Nola and via delle Terme. The buildings have a luxurious decoration on the floor with coloured marble mosaics (opus sectile), as well as mythological frescoes on the wall, views of gardens and reproductions of original Greek works of the 4th century. The houses were still inhabited at the time of the eruption as evidenced by the numerous victims found, of whom casts were made.
The House of the Golden Bracelet owes its name to a large gold bracelet worn by one of the victims.
Date of excavation: 1759; 1910; 1940; 1958-1980.