The necropolis is set on the sides of a road that runs parallel with the city walls. There are several burial monuments that exemplify the most popular models at the beginning of the 1st century BC, the period when the necropolis began to be visited, and 79 AD. These include the tomb of Eumachia, the priestess who financed the construction of a large building in the Forum dedicated to Augustan Concord and Piety. Here, inside an enclosure, there is the high basis over which a semi-circular (exedra) opens up, inside of which the burial chamber is found.
Two tombs are seen on the sides of the tomb of Eumachia, with a basis surmounted by an aedicula that hosts the statues of the deceased. However, the simplicity distinguishes the enclosed tombs in which the ashes of the deceased deposited in the urns are placed in earthen pits or in the base of the monument. The poorer tombs are evidenced by the presence of rough stone busts called "columelle". The cippus of Titus Suedius Clemens, the magistrate who was sent by Emperor Vespasian to rectify the unauthorised constructions in the city after the earthquake of 62 AD, can be seen from near the centre of the intersection of the road that goes from Nocera gate and the path along which the Necropolis is found.
Date of excavation: 1954-1956; 1996-1997.